Trump’s NLRB after Two Years
TRUMP’S NATIONAL LABOR RELATIONS BOARD … AFTER TWO YEARS
We are pleased to invite you for an evening with NLRB CHAIRMAN JOHN RING who will be discussing hot topics before the NLRB. Topics to be covered will include:
- current rule-making (election rules, graduate students representation rights, joint employer);
- the adoption of the contract coverage standard in unilateral change cases;
- access rights of union organizers; and
- what now constitutes protected concerted activity.
Even if you do not directly practice before the Board or arbitrate traditional labor cases, you will find this program illuminating. PERC and other public sector labor boards often look to the NLRB for guidance, so what comes out of the NLRB will have ramifications throughout the labor world. No one is better qualified to speak on these issues than CHAIRMAN RING.
- David Leach, Director, Region 22, National Labor Relations Board
- Dean L. Burrell, Arbitrator-Mediator
John F. Ring was sworn in on April 16, 2018 for a term ending on December 16, 2022. Mr. Ring was confirmed by the Senate on April 11, 2018.
On April 12, 2018, President Donald J. Trump named Mr. Ring Chairman of the National Labor Relations Board.
Prior to his appointment to the NLRB, Mr. Ring served as a partner with the law firm Morgan Lewis. He has represented client interests in collective bargaining, employee benefits, litigation, counseling, and litigation avoidance strategies. He has an extensive background negotiating and administering collective bargaining agreements, most notably in the context of workforce restructuring and multiemployer bargaining. Mr. Ring received his J.D. and B.A. from Catholic University of America.
- 6:00 PM – Registration and Informal Reception
- 6:30 PM – Dinner
- 7:00 PM – Introduction
- 7:05-7:40 PM – Panelists
- 7:40-8:15 PM – Q and A Session with Panel
- 8:30 PM Adjourn
Galloping HIlls Golf Course
3 Golf Drive
Kenilworth, NJ 07033