#MeToo and Recent Legislation
#MeToo and Recent Legislation:
2019 NJLAD Amendmen, Non-Disclosure Agreements, and Arbitration Clauses
The #MeToo Movement has brought and continues to bring changes in behavior and policies within our nation. One of the recent changes in New Jersey is the Amendment to the New Jersey Law Against Discrimination, signed by the Governor on March 18, 2019. Come join our panelists as they speak to the Movement; NJLAD /Amendment; and legal impacts.
Kirsten S. Branigan, Esq., KSBranigan Law PC
- Jessica S. Allen, Esq., Keefe Law Firm
- Maureen S. Binetti, Esq., Wilentz, Goldman & Spitzer
- Carole Lynn Nowicki, Esq., KSBranigan Law PC
- Claudia A. Reis, Esq., Lenzo & Reiss, LLC
- 5:30 to 6:15 P.M. – Registration and Informal Reception
- 6:30 P.M. – Dinner
- 7:00 P.M. – Introduction by Moderator, Kirsten S. Branigan
- 7:10 to 8:15 P.M – Panel Discussions
Origins of #MeToo in October 2017
- Legal Impact includes New Jersey Passes Law Banning Non-Disclosures and Waiver of Rights (March 18, 2019).
- What Matters are Covered?Who is Affected?
- Pros and Cons and Ambiguities of New Law – Will there be No More Settlements?
- Is the new Law on a Collision Course with FAA and the U.S. Supreme Court Decisions?
- Update on New Jersey Arbitration Cases Upholding and Striking Mandatory Arbitration.
8:15 – 8:30 P.M. Question and Answer Session with Panel
8:30 P.M. Adjourn
Galloping HIlls Golf Course
3 Golf Drive
Kenilworth, NJ 07033